> About Us
History of Surapon Foods Public Company Limited
1977 - Surapon Seafoods Company Limited was established with the registered capital of three (3)
million baht on 13th December 1977 and held an official opening ceremony on 16th January
1979 - Received promotional privileges from the Board of Investment on 8th September
- Increased its registered capital (No. 1) to nine (9) million baht in March 1979.
- Increased its registered capital (No. 2) to 20 million baht in July 1979.
1981 - Moved to its own factory with an area of 16 rais on Theparak Road, Theparak Sub-district,
Muang District, Samut Prakan Province. This area is the Company’s current office.
1982 - Surat Seafoods Company Limited was established in Surat Thani Province with the registered
capital of 40 million baht on 14th December 1982. This factory produces and exports frozen
1983 - Surat Seafoods Company Limited was granted promotional privileges from the Board of
Investment on 24th February 1983.
1988 - Joined hand with Nichirei Corporation of Japan to establish Surapon Nichirei Foods Company
Limited on 7th March 1988. This factory, situated at Theparak Road, Samut Prakan Province,
processes and exports frozen foods.
- Established Surapon Aqua Culture Company Limited (SAC), a shrimp farm with 34 ponds,in
Chantha Buri Province on 15th June 1988.
1989 - The first listed frozen seafoods producer on the Stock Exchange of Thailand. The initial stock
trading started on 29th September 1989.
- Increased its registered capital (No. 3) to 60 million baht on 14th March 1989.
- Established Independent Consultant Company Limited with registered capital of 2,000,000 Baht
1990 - Established Chantha Buri Marine Farm Company Limited, a shrimp farm with 39 ponds, (CHAMF)
in Chantha Buri Province on 15th June 1990.
- Invested in BJC Marine Resources Development Company Limited, a shrimp farm with 21 ponds,
in Chantha Buri Province.
- Increased its registered capital (No. 4) to 90 million baht on 21st March 1990.
1991 - Established Punpin Seafoods Company Limited with registered capital of 60,000,000 Baht
1994 - Received Prime Minister’s Export Award for Outstanding Exporter from the Export Promotion
1995 - Established an additional factory on an area of 30 rais in Kabin Buri District, Prachin Buri
1996 - Renamed from Surapon Seafoods Public Company Limited to Surapon Foods Public Company
1997 - Invested in Thai Yasuda Insurance Company Limited, a joint venture with Yasuda Group of
Japan and SAHA Pathanapibul Group.
1998 - Received Prime Minister’s Award for Outstanding Thai Exporter with its Own Trade Mark.
2002 - Renamed “Thai Yasuda Insurance Company Limited” to “Sompoh Japan Insurance (Thailand)
2003 - Increased its registered capital (No. 5) from 90 million baht to 270 million baht.
2005 - Received a reward “Thailand Superbrand”
2010 - Established Champion Foods Company Limited, a joint venture with Ringer Hut Company
and Nichirei Foods Inc. of Japan, with a registered capital of 50 million baht and paid-up capital
of 25 million baht.
- Renamed “Punpin Seafoods Company Limited” to “Punpin Company Limited.”